Vanilla Chip Dessert
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 90 wafers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate ice cream topping, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, butter and brown sugar. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a microwave, melt white chips; stir until smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add melted chips; beat well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour filling over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Drizzle with chocolate topping if desired.
Jan 2, 2014
This dessert is delicious and extremely easy to make. It was a hit at our New Year's dinner party. I will definitely make it again.
Dec 22, 2011
This dessert is easy to make and is very tasty. Two thumbs up! Will make it again.
Jul 31, 2011
Very tasty and easy. I loved it.
Feb 16, 2011
Excellent. I would make this again. Great and easy!
Sep 14, 2010
My store did not have the white chips so instead i used white almond bark ( 6 squares). It was absoluetly delicious. I will make this dessert again.
May 3, 2010
So creamy and different! Delicious!
Apr 26, 2010
I gave this 4/5 stars because the crust was to die for - really fantastic! - but for some reason the filling didn't taste sweet enough and the cream cheese was overpowering, even with chocolate drizzled on top. However, it could very well be the type of white chocolate chips I used.
Jun 20, 2009
I'd like to see the nutritionals on this. I think it could be made patriotic with red and blue sauces for the stripes vs. the choc sauce!
Dec 3, 2008
This is a easy dessert. If you like white chocolate and cheesecake then this is the dessert for you.