- 3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 60 wafers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate ice cream topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, butter and brown sugar. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla chips; stir until smooth. Cool. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add melted chips; beat well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Drizzle with chocolate topping if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forVanilla Chip Dessert
"Very tasty and easy. I loved it."
"Excellent. I would make this again. Great and easy!"
"My store did not have the white chips so instead i used white almond bark ( 6 squares). It was absoluetly delicious. I will make this dessert again."
"So creamy and different! Delicious!"
"I'd like to see the nutritionals on this. I think it could be made patriotic with red and blue sauces for the stripes vs. the choc sauce!"