To me, there is nothing better than a simple, elegant cheesecake where the vanilla takes center stage. And when I'm feeling decadent, I'll add the rich chocolate ganache topping. —Ellen Riley, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Recommended: 21 Luscious Christmas Cheesecake Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 packages (8 ounces each ) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°. Mix cracker crumbs, butter and sugar; press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until center is almost set, 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Vanilla Cheesecake in Taste of Home Cooking School Recipe Collection-MAG 2017