Vanilla Cake with Raspberries
Make the night special with this simple, pretty and refreshing dessert from our Test Kitchen.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + standing
- 1 package (19.6 ounces) frozen vanilla layer cake
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- Cut cake in half. Return half to the freezer. Let remaining cake stand at room temperature to thaw.
- Cut cake into eight slices. Place four slices on dessert plates; sprinkle with raspberries. Top with remaining cake slices; dollop with yogurt.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Pepperidge Farm frozen three-layer cake.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 610 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (68g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Cake Parfaits in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.