Vanilla & Cinnamon-Kissed Apple Latkes Recipe
Apples replace potatoes, with orange juice, cinnamon and vanilla helping to take this version to the dessert realm. —Candy McMenamin, Lexington, South Carolina
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 pounds apples (about 6 large apples), peeled and shredded
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the orange juice, milk, eggs and vanilla until blended; fold in apples.
- 3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 latkes with 1 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar: 422 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Vanilla & Cinnamon-Kissed Apple Latkes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC