Valerie’s Blueberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped topping or ice cream, optional
- Wash and drain blueberries. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, 1 cup of berries, cornstarch (use heaping tablespoons with frozen berries), salt, water, cinnamon and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add butter and remaining berries. Stir until sauce is mixed with all of the berries and butter is melted. Pour mixture into prepared pie shell. Keep refrigerated till serving time. Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 258 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 29, 2016
I added an extra tsp of cornstarch and it was the perfect blueberry pie filling. I poured it into a pre-baked shortbread crust I made using girl scout cookies. I also made a crumble using butter, flour, sugar and a pinch of cinnamon which I baked in the oven then sprinkled on top of the blueberry pie filling. My husband loved it.
Apr 6, 2015
I made this pie for my brother as lent was over, and he had given up sweets. He really enjoyed it! Thanks for a great recipe Valerie.
Jul 22, 2009
I added 1/2 tablespoon extra of cornstarch, and it was nice and firm. great taste.one of best blueberry recipes pie recipes that I have used.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.