- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- Line a 9-in. heart-shaped or square pan with foil; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pan, swirling to coat the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides.
- Refrigerate for 1 minute, then swirl the chocolate to reinforce sides of heart or box. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Using foil, lift from pan; remove foil and place chocolate heart on a serving plate.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Combine confectioners' sugar and cocoa; add to creamed mixture with milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Gently fold two-thirds of the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into heart. Insert star tip #32 into a pastry or plastic bag; fill with the remaining whipped cream. Pipe around the edge of heart. Garnish with strawberries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forValentine Berries and Cream
"Love, love this recipe! My family request this every year since 2000. It's not Valentine without it."
"This is the third time I have made this delicious chocolate heart, that My family absolutely loves!!!!"
"I just get confused with the whipping cream. Are we supposed to make it like we would for a pie - with vanillia and sugar - or just whip it?!?!? Oh...and 2 pkg's of cream cheese - each pkg contains 8 oz, not 3 oz. Do you use 2 pkgs (8 oz each) or 6 oz? I used 2 pkg's and had excess filling (not that I minded eating it, tho :p)."
"Great presentation. I have small springform heart pans that I use to make individual sizes. I've made this many times before, and will make it many times more!"
"This was easier than it looks and everyone was amazed by the way it looked and tasted."
"Absolutely beautiful and delicious. I have made this numerous times."