- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream
- Chopped peanuts
- Prepare crust, then cool to room temperature. In the top of the double boiler, over hot but not boiling water, combine sugar, flour and salt. Slowly add milk and cook 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour a little hot milk mixture into the egg yolks. Immediately add egg yolk mixture to double boiler. Cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla. Cool about 10 minutes. Divide mixture in half. To one half add peanut butter; stir well. to the remaining half add the melted chocolate. Allow mixtures to cool completely. Fill pie crust first with peanut butter mixture, then chocolate layer. Chill before serving. Top with whipped cream and nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forUpstate Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
"very tasty. Has just the right amount of peanut butter and chocolate. Not over powering,Very light."