- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches), baked
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- Whipped cream and chopped salted peanuts
- Chopped peanuts
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, salt and milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir 1 cup of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
- Divide mixture in half. To one portion, gently stir in peanut butter; pour into prepared crust. Gently stir chocolate into the remaining portion; pour over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and peanuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forUpstate Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
"very tasty. Has just the right amount of peanut butter and chocolate. Not over powering,Very light."