VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries,* divided
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- Confectioners' sugar
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. square baking pan with foil; coat with cooking spray. Place 1/2 cup raspberries in pan; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in the remaining raspberries. Carefully spoon over berries in pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a serving platter; carefully remove foil. Cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Upside-Down Raspberry Cake in Country February/March 2001, p51
Reviews forUpside-Down Raspberry Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2016
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2015