- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Layer with mushrooms, green pepper, sausage and 1/2 cup cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, egg and milk until blended. Pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forUpside-Down Pizza Bake
"If you like the taste of pizza without the work, this is a keeper."
"Instead of spaghetti sauce I used pizza sauce. I also sautéed spinach and added it in. It turned out delicious! The advantage is you can add all the toppings you like!"
"Sandy, thanks for the inspiration. This is a keeper!"
"The bones of this recipe are really good. I made mine with left over bolognese sauce and no mushrooms since my family won't even look at them. It tasted good but I think it needed more sauce on the bottom to go with the biscuity topping. Otherwise, the taste was really good and it came together super easy. A great quicky casserole!"
"My family enjoyed this very much. Goes together fast and lends itself to different toppings."
"This is an excellent base recipe that is easily modified. I omitted mushrooms and doubled the cheese and it was great."
"Oh so delicious! A super easy recipe that can easily be adjusted to your family's tastebuds."
"This recipe is super easy and increadably fast! I like to use spicy italian sausage to add a little kick and everyone in my family devours it! I also added a bit more sausage."