Upside-Down Peach Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1. Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon over peaches.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 386 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Upside-Down Peach Cake
"I had a craving for something with almond flavoring and a stack of peaches to use up, so I made this recipe but substituted the vanilla with almond extract at a 1 for 1 ratio. It was DELICIOUS! So easy! Thanks!"
"Delicious! easy to make. Will make it again. Looks beautiful."
"I followed the recipe to a tee and still turned out really doughy and had no rise to it. Would not recommend."
"This cake looks and tastes like you spent alot of time and preparation, but is so simple to make. As other reviews said, no problem flipping, and getting out of the pan. Just the right amount of butter and brown sugar. Not overly oily and sweet, perfection. !!"