Upside-Down Peach Bread
This dessert-like loaf is sure to delight your holiday guests. With tender peaches, rich cream cheese and crunchy pecans, it's oh-so-impossible to resist!
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Thinly slice half of the peaches; chop remaining peaches. Set aside.
- Pour melted butter into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans; sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices cut side down in a single layer over brown sugar. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and extracts; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining cinnamon; add to creamed mixture. Fold in chopped peaches and remaining pecans.
- Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto serving plates. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 281 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Ultimate Upside Down Peach Bread in Country Woman Christmas 2009
Aug 28, 2017
This is very delicious. I live in high altitude (Colorado); therefore next time I make this, I will add approx. 1/4 cup more flour and bake 1 hour. Lovely dessert too.