Upside-Down Peach Bread
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Thinly slice half of the peaches; chop remaining peaches. Set aside.
- Pour melted butter into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans; sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices cut side down in a single layer over brown sugar. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and extracts; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining cinnamon; add to creamed mixture. Fold in chopped peaches and remaining pecans.
- Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto serving plates. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 281 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 28, 2017
This is very delicious. I live in high altitude (Colorado); therefore next time I make this, I will add approx. 1/4 cup more flour and bake 1 hour. Lovely dessert too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.