Upside-Down Orange Puffs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a saucepan, combine butter, sugar, orange juice and zest. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Divide among 10 muffin cups.
- Make a hole in the center of each biscuit; place over orange mixture. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 112 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
May 29, 2017
My mother found this recipe on a package of canned biscuits back in the 1950s and our family has been making this recipe for 60 years! It is a favorite of her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.I was a Tupperware dealer back in the 1970s and shared it at many parties - and it was a favorite of many people I shared it with.It is so quick and easy - and turns out perfectly every time!
Jan 23, 2015
My grandmother made this recipe when the grandkids were all kids. This is an old, old recipe. It's also a fabulous recipe!! It's super rich and is basically a dessert. I made it once in a baking dish because my muffin tin was no longer fit for use. I liked it even better in the casserole dish.
Jan 19, 2010
I tried this long ago and everyone I serve it to loves it!! I make it several times a year- quick and easy! Also- to make the holes in the biscuts I use the handle of a wooden spoon and push the biscuit down slightly to get the juice in the hole. Yum!!