Upside-Down Orange Puffs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a saucepan, combine butter, sugar, orange juice and zest. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Divide among 10 muffin cups.
- Make a hole in the center of each biscuit; place over orange mixture. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 112 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
May 29, 2017
My mother found this recipe on a package of canned biscuits back in the 1950s and our family has been making this recipe for 60 years! It is a favorite of her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.I was a Tupperware dealer back in the 1970s and shared it at many parties - and it was a favorite of many people I shared it with.It is so quick and easy - and turns out perfectly every time!
Jan 23, 2015
My grandmother made this recipe when the grandkids were all kids. This is an old, old recipe. It's also a fabulous recipe!! It's super rich and is basically a dessert. I made it once in a baking dish because my muffin tin was no longer fit for use. I liked it even better in the casserole dish.
Jan 19, 2010
I tried this long ago and everyone I serve it to loves it!! I make it several times a year- quick and easy! Also- to make the holes in the biscuts I use the handle of a wooden spoon and push the biscuit down slightly to get the juice in the hole. Yum!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.