Upside-Down Cranberry Crunch
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Place the cranberries in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup sugar and pecans.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, butter, flour and remaining sugar until smooth. Spread over cranberry mixture.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Run knife around edges of dish; immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 414 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 26, 2013
I prepared this as written and was well pleased! Definitely a recipe we will make again!
Jul 15, 2010
I just made this and was very disappointed. It is like a pancake. I think it should have had some baking soda or powder or something. I am very disappointed that I wasted these ingrediants.
Apr 29, 2010
This is a hit! Everyone who has eaten it loves it. I usually make a recipe-and-a-half and turn it into a 9x13 cake.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.