Upside-Down Cranberry Crunch
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Place the cranberries in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup sugar and pecans.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, butter, flour and remaining sugar until smooth. Spread over cranberry mixture.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Run knife around edges of dish; immediately invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 414 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 26, 2013
I prepared this as written and was well pleased! Definitely a recipe we will make again!
Jul 15, 2010
I just made this and was very disappointed. It is like a pancake. I think it should have had some baking soda or powder or something. I am very disappointed that I wasted these ingrediants.
Apr 29, 2010
This is a hit! Everyone who has eaten it loves it. I usually make a recipe-and-a-half and turn it into a 9x13 cake.