Upside Down Banana Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- Whipped cream
- Place butter in a 9-in. square baking pan. Heat at 350° for 4-5 minutes or until melted; sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange bananas in pan; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour over bananas.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately invert cake onto a serving platter. Let stand for 5 minutes; remove pan. Serve warm with whipped cream.
May 26, 2012
My boyfriend has to be Gluten-Free. Which is not only challenging but can make family functions hard for him.. I used a GF cake mix and it came out GREAT!!! Everyone thought it was the real deal.
May 28, 2009
This was tastey when first eaten. Leftovers aren't! The bananas get hard and it's just not appetizing anymore. I rather use pineapple. They work better when re-heated or refrigerated.
May 31, 2008
This was excellent