VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound beef tenderloin roast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Cook and stir beef, half at a time, for 1-2 minutes or until browned. Season with pepper. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually add broth, stirring until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return beef to skillet and heat through. Serve over pasta. Top with green onions and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Updated Beef Stroganoff in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p19