- 6 wooden pop sticks
- 6 small Gala apples
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 20 Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed
- 1 package (10 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Insert pop sticks into tops of apples. Place caramels and milk in a small saucepan; heat and stir over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently. Dip apples in caramel mixture, coating completely. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; let stand until set, about 10 minutes.
- Place crushed cookies in a shallow bowl. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip apples in chocolate mixture, allowing excess to drip off; dip in cookies, rolling to coat. Return to baking sheet; refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forUltimate Oreo Caramel Apples
"I used semi sweet chocolate, and honeycrisp apples. Such a great twist on the classic treat!"