- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup 1% buttermilk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 onion or kaiser rolls, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 12 tomato slices
- Pound chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Pour buttermilk into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a shall bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cornmeal, paprika, salt, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne. Remove chicken one piece at a time, allowing excess buttermilk to drain off. Discard buttermilk. Coat chicken with cornmeal mixture; place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12 minutes. Turn chicken. Bake 8-12 minutes longer or until juices run clear and coating is lightly browned. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forUltimate Chicken Sandwiches
"Better than the fast food version! Great baked or pan fried."
"This is one of the best chicken sandwiches I've tried."