Ultimate Cheese Bread
"Loaded with mushrooms and cheese, this festive-looking garlic bread is a great party appetizer," remarks Carolyn Hayes from Marion, Illinois. Accompanied by soup or salad, it's hearty enough to serve as a meal."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 unsliced loaf French bread (1 pound)
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut bread diagonally into 1-1/2-in. slices to within 1/2 in of bottom. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Cut cheese into 1-in. squares. Place one cheese square and one mushroom if desired into each slit. Combine butter and garlic powder; spoon over the bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 245 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.