- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; cook and stir until tender. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add egg substitute and pepper to same skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- Spoon vegetable mixture and scrambled eggs across center of each tortilla; top with cheese, salsa and sour cream. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forUltimate Breakfast Burritos
"With some revisions, this has become one of my favorite breakfast recipes. I usually omit the mushrooms since I don't have any (or use canned ones), substitute pimentos for the sweet red peppers since I have some that need to be eaten, and substitute scrambled tofu for the egg substitute. I also use twice as much sour cream as salsa since I don't like spicy things."