Udon Noodles with Pineapple Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (12.8 ounces) dried Japanese udon noodles
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 2 cups chopped peeled mango
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Whisk together the next five ingredients. Pour over noodles; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, top noodles with arugula, mango, peanuts, cilantro and mint; toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 383 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2016
What a great combination of flavors! I used pre-cooked, packaged udon and left the cilantro out (not really a fan). My grocery store didn't have fresh mango, so I substituted Mandarin orange slices. The result was delicious, and a definite hit at the dinner table. The noodles really take the flavor of the dressing well. And it's so easy to prepare, I can see this salad making frequent appearances in my house!