- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium sweet potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 8 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place the russet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Place sweet potatoes in another saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Drain russet potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash until smooth. Add cream cheese, 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon butter; beat until light and fluffy, adding more milk as needed.
- Drain sweet potatoes and place in another bowl; mash until smooth. Add the orange juice, honey and remaining butter.
- Insert tip #409 into a pastry bag. Spoon russet potato mixture into one side of the bag; spoon sweet potato mixture into the other side.
- Pipe 3-in. swirls, forming large rosettes, onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and tops are lightly browned. Yield: 7-8 servings.
Reviews forTwo-Potato Swirls
"Loved the flavor and the color! This takes up a lot of pots and it does take extra time but everyone loved it! baking the potatoes at the end gives you time to clean up or finish cooking other things and the potatoes stay warm!"
"My daughter loves sweetpotatoes and I tried this first with just the sweet potato since I didn't have cream cheese on hand and we all loved it. I will make sure to try it with the regular potatoes added next time!"