Two-Meat Macaroni Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cans (2-1/2 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the macaroni is tender, stirring every 30 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
If you're unable to find fresh ground pork for Two-Meat Macaroni, use 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage.
1 each: 315 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 710mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.