Although I don't know the origin of this recipe, I do know my mother has pleased family and friends with it for many years. It's a great dish to pass. - Terri Linn Griffin, Eugene, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cans (2-1/2 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- In a large skillet, cook beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the macaroni is tender, stirring every 30 minutes.
If you're unable to find fresh ground pork for Two-Meat Macaroni, use 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 315 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 710mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Two-Meat Macaroni in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.