Two-Layer Silk Pie
This scrumptious recipe eases event preparations because it makes two pies that chill overnight. “My family loves the smooth texture of these silky pies,” Maryann Thomas confirms from Clay City, Kentucky. “The combination of chocolate and peanut butter satisfies even the strongest sweet-tooth craving.”
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes2 pies (6-8 servings each)
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 2-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate curls and chopped peanuts, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand until soft-set. Spread into crusts.
- In another large bowl, beat condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth. Set aside 2 cups whipped topping for garnish; cover and refrigerate.
- Fold remaining whipped topping into peanut butter mixture. Spread over pudding layer. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until set.
- Garnish with reserved whipped topping; top with chocolate curls and peanuts if desired.