This scrumptious recipe eases event preparations because it makes two pies that chill overnight. “My family loves the smooth texture of these silky pies,” Maryann Thomas confirms from Clay City, Kentucky. “The combination of chocolate and peanut butter satisfies even the strongest sweet-tooth craving.”
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate curls and chopped peanuts, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on wire racks.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Spread into crusts. In a large mixing bowl, beat condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth. Set aside 2 cups whipped topping for garnish; cover and refrigerate. Fold remaining whipped topping into peanut butter mixture. Spread over pudding layer. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until set. Garnish with reserved whipped topping; top with chocolate curls and peanuts if desired. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Two-Layer Silk Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p16