Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes4 (1-cup) servings
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries or huckleberries
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a blender, combine the blueberries, peaches and milk; cover and process on high. Add the yogurt, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg; cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 211 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 13, 2010
This smoothie was great! I halved the recipe because I was only making for my boyfriend and I. I only had plain yogurt so I used that instead of vanilla and I omitted the nutmeg because it's not something I'm a huge fan of. I also added wheat germ and ground flaxseed. Delish!
Jun 26, 2008
Oh my gosh is this ever refreshing. Thank you for sharing