- 3 cups uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook ziti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain ziti; add to sauce and stir to coat. Transfer to a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; stir in cheeses. Sprinkle over ziti. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through and topping is lightly browned. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forTwo-Cheese Ziti
"I really liked it. Hubby - eh, not really impressed. I used gluten free penne, halved the amounts, skipped the crumb topping, substituting a few tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese and sprinkled with paprika. In the saucepan it resembled boxed mac and cheese by color. Forgot the salt and pepper; still tasted good to me! Baked in smallest Anchor Hocking pan."
"Eh, I thought it was ok. I thought like some of the other reviews that it was lacking in flavor a little bit. Adding some more cheese and different varieties might help."
"I was hoping for more flavor, maybe another zestier cheese would help, but overall it was tastier than the easy mac n' cheese."
"I added a 4 cheese combo and some green onion really good. Family liked it."
"Very tasty pasta dish but I added more cheese for a bit more wanted flavor!"
"I have taken this to a family reunion and was asked by many for the recipe! I think this is absolutely yummy!!"
"I made this for Ash Wednesday and frankly, could eat the entire dish myself!"