Two-Cheese Spinach Bake
My family will eat spinach on Thanksgiving and throughout the year if it's in this rich, cheesy side dish loaded with flavor. It also makes a great meatless meal with a tossed salad. —Chris Barila, Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, eggs, milk, butter, onion, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and cayenne until combined. Fold in spinach and Monterey Jack cheese. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve immediately.