When time is tight, Nevine Farid of Overland Park, Kansas uses pita rounds to form the crust for these cute little pizzas. Cut into quarters, they make appealing appetizers when there's just a few of you. "Serve wedges alone...or with pizza sauce," she says.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce, warmed, optional
- In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic powder; brush over pitas. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, basil and tomato. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with pizza sauce if desired.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.