If you'd like to make a summer barbecue festive, bring out this eye-catching side dish. It's a great way to use up homegrown produce. The light zesty dressing complements all the garden-fresh flavors.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbages, peppers and onions. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture;toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 140 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Two-Cabbage Slaw in Light & Tasty April/May 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.