Mary Relyea of Canastota, New York sent the recipe for this pretty layered treat. She relates. "For variety, I use whatever fresh berries are in season."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- Drain raspberries, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. Set raspberries aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in raspberry juice mixture until smooth.
- Add the strawberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and raspberries. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In six parfait glasses, layer 2 tablespoons berry sauce, one scoop of ice cream, 2-3 tablespoons sour cream, 3 tablespoons sauce and another scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 398 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Two-Berry Parfaits in Taste of Home April/May 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.