Two-Bean Veggie Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, stems removed
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook onion in oil over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°. In a food processor, combine beans, salsa, barbecue sauce, parsley, garlic, cumin, pepper and pepper sauce; cover and process until pureed.
- Place crust on a baking sheet; spread with bean mixture. Top with caramelized onions, corn, tomatoes and cheeses. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 278 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 7, 2014
This was super. I used cherry tomatoes instead of canned, and I used a white sweet onion...next time I'd use a red onion. Next time I might buy a smaller crust and use half as a dip because I tasted the food processor mixture after it was done & I'd say this would make a terrific dip for tortilla chips or veggies. If you're interested it's 6p on WW
Feb 20, 2014
Delicious! I made it exactly as instructed and it turned out great! My husband and I loved it!
Jul 30, 2013
Very wonderfully good!We used a chopped fresh tomato, and added a diced fresh jalapeño. We're going to use this bean mixture as our new standard in bean& cheese tacos. So yummy.
Mar 20, 2010
Really Good! I didn't caramelize the onions and just mixed the pureed beans with the onions and corn and then spread on the pizza. Made it a 30 minute meal!