Two-Bean Tuna Salad
My parents owned a restaurant for years, so it's no surprise I love to cook. The light vinaigrette dressing nicely complements the tuna and beans in this salad.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 225 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 564mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Two-Bean Tuna Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook