Twisty Pasta Primavera with Chicken
"I frequently turn to this tasty meal-in-one dish to feed my family when time is short," says Elaine Anderson of Aliquippa, Pennsylvania. "For a fun variation, try multicolored spirals."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 quarts water
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add pasta; cook for 4 minutes. Add broccoli and carrots; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Drain and place in a bowl. Add mozzarella cheese and chicken.
- In another saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until blended. Pour over pasta mixture and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cupss: 323 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Twisty Pasta Primavera with Chicken in Light & Tasty December/January 2002