Twister Cheddar Rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Separate crescent roll dough into eight rectangles; press seams to seal. Combine cheese and onions; spoon about 3 rounded tablespoonfuls lengthwise down the center of each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of each end. Fold dough in half lengthwise; firmly press edges to seal. Twist each strip four to five times. Bring ends together to form a ring; pinch to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water. Brush over dough. Combine the sesame seeds, garlic salt and parsley; sprinkle over rings.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 200 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 6, 2013
I could not believe how simple these were to make and everyone loved them, I nice change from the regular dinner rolls. I'm going to experiment with other ingredients.