Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars
After one taste, folks will wonder why you didn't make these crunchy garlic-and-herb snacks sooner. The oven-baked tortilla chips get their appeal from a star-shaped cookie cutter, but other cookie cutter shapes also work nicely.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with butter. Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over one side of tortillas. With a 2-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out several stars from each tortilla; discard scraps. Place stars on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until crisp.
Nutrition Facts8 each: 264 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars in Quick Cooking January/February 2004
Jun 3, 2019
I would not discard the scraps, they can be baked up and eaten too. Just because they have no particular "shape" doesn't mean they aren't edible! Too much waste in this world.