After one taste, folks will wonder why you didn't make these crunchy garlic-and-herb snacks sooner. The oven-baked tortilla chips get their appeal from a star-shaped cookie cutter, but other cookie cutter shapes also work nicely.
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with butter. Combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over one side of tortillas. With a 2-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out several stars from each tortilla; discard scraps. Place stars on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until crisp. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p38