- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- Scrub and pierce the potatoes; bake at 375° for 45-60 minutes or until tender. Cut a slice off top of each potato and scoop out the pulp, leaving skins intact.
- Mash potatoes with butter, salt, orange juice and banana. Spoon mixture into shells and top with the chopped pecans. Sprinkle lightly with coconut if desired. Return to oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTwice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
"The recipe says to peel the potatoes and then it says to scoop out the pulp and leave the skin intact..........so which is it?"
"Neither of these recepies are it. I t was make with russet potatoes. It had many ingredients but the main ones i can remember is ground beef, there might have been ground pork also but defenitely the last ingre to go in was italian salad dressing. I've kept most of my cook booksa since the 90's but may have lent one or two out. I have such a stack and I can not find. Back the I was only purchasing country women and taste of home. It would be wonderful if you could help me. I would like to take them to a church pot luck..The last time I did they were a hit and I made about 75 of the, thanks for your help kathy"