Twice-Baked Ranch Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing Cook: 30 min. + standing
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 13-15 minutes or until tender, turning several times. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese and milk until smooth; beat in salad dressing mix. Add mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Cut a thin slice from the top of each potato; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. Add pulp to the cream cheese mixture and mash. Spoon into potato shells. Top with cheese.
- Place two potatoes on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Place remaining potatoes on a baking sheet. Freeze overnight or until thoroughly frozen; transfer to a freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen potatoes: Place potatoes on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 8-9 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 511 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 1753mg sodium, 92g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 11, 2012
<p>I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of flavor this simple recipe had.It was delicious and will definitely make it again. I doubled the recipe to freeze the other part,so can't wait for an easy freezer cooking side. I will also say I did not microwave them, but baked them at 350 for 20 minutes and plan to reheat them the sameway in the oven.</p>