Twice-Baked Raisin Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 70 min. + cooling Bake: 20 min.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash the pulp with pineapple juice. Stir in the raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Feb 19, 2017
Delightful and not overly sweet. My first time making a twice-baked sweet potato and not a regular potato but it won't be the last--I'm keeping this one. The only change I made was to add about 1/2-3/4 tsp. of kosher salt to the potatoes as I mashed them, but then I always add some salt to my sweet potatoes no matter the recipe. Give these a try--and not just for Thanksgiving!
Nov 10, 2011
Just had this for dinner tonight. My hubby and I thought these potatoes were delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.