Twice-Baked Raisin Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 70 min. + cooling Bake: 20 min.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash the pulp with pineapple juice. Stir in the raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 19, 2017
Delightful and not overly sweet. My first time making a twice-baked sweet potato and not a regular potato but it won't be the last--I'm keeping this one. The only change I made was to add about 1/2-3/4 tsp. of kosher salt to the potatoes as I mashed them, but then I always add some salt to my sweet potatoes no matter the recipe. Give these a try--and not just for Thanksgiving!
Nov 10, 2011
Just had this for dinner tonight. My hubby and I thought these potatoes were delicious!