Twice-Baked Potatoes Supreme
On Christmas Day, we invite all our nearby relatives to dinner. One way I make the meal memorable is with this side dish that combines mashed and baked potatoes. —Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
Makes12 servings (1 stuffed potato half each)
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup whole milk
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- Pierce potatoes with a fork. Bake at 400° for 60-70 minutes or until tender. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. Set 12 shell halves aside (discard remaining shells or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash pulp; add the butter, salt, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne, celery salt and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Pipe or spoon into shells; place in two greased 13x9-in. baking pans. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and, if desired, paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed potato half: 199 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Twice-Baked Potatoes Supreme in Country Woman Christmas 1998