- 1-1/2 pound small red potatoes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Pierce potatoes; rub skins with oil. Place in a baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 50 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool to the touch. In a mixing bowl, combine Monterey Jack, sour cream, cream cheese, onions, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cut potatoes in half; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a thing shell. Add pulp to the cheese mixture and mash; stir in bacon. Stuff potato shells. Broil for 7-8 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forTwice-Baked New Potatoes
"We really liked these - they had a great flavor and weren't as greasy as the ones we usually make with butter & cream. Topped them with a little more cheese under the broiler. Will make again."
"We love red potatoes and the flavors of this dish were great. They were a lot of work but made a great side dish for our traditional Sunday family dinners."
"I found using the red potatoes to be more of a hassle than it was worth. The filling is delicious though."
"i was eating it out of the bowl it was so good"