- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. In a large bowl, combine the onion mixture, mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, bacon, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTwice-Baked Mashed Potatoes
"perfect recipe for left over mashed potatoes"
"I substituted 4 cups of boxed mashed potatoes since I was making this for a crowd. It turned out wonderful and nobody even knew that the potatoes came from a box!"