Twice-Baked Ham Sweet Potatoes Recipe
"I like this dish so much, I sometimes make it with deli ham when I don't have leftover baked ham," says Lorraine Menard, Omaha, Nebraska.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (3/4 pound each)
- 1 pineapple tidbits snack cup (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1. Prick sweet potatoes with a fork; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set aside.
- 2. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in brown sugar and reserved pineapple juice. Fold in ham and half of the pineapple. Spoon into potato shells. Top with remaining pineapple.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned and heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sweet potato: 542 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 104g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 11g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Ham Sweet Potatoes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC