Twice-Baked Ham Sweet Potatoes Recipe
"I like this dish so much, I sometimes make it with deli ham when I don't have leftover baked ham," says Lorraine Menard, Omaha, Nebraska.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (3/4 pound each)
- 1 pineapple tidbits snack cup (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1. Prick sweet potatoes with a fork; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set aside.
- 2. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in brown sugar and reserved pineapple juice. Fold in ham and half of the pineapple. Spoon into potato shells. Top with remaining pineapple. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned and heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sweet potato: 542 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 104g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 11g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Ham Sweet Potatoes
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC