Twice-Baked Ham Sweet Potatoes
"I like this dish so much, I sometimes make it with deli ham when I don't have leftover baked ham," says Lorraine Menard, Omaha, Nebraska.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (3/4 pound each)
- 1 pineapple tidbits snack cup (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- Prick sweet potatoes with a fork; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set aside.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in brown sugar and reserved pineapple juice. Fold in ham and half of the pineapple. Spoon into potato shells. Top with remaining pineapple.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until browned and heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 sweet potato: 542 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 104g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 11g fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.