Twice-Baked Creamy Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, butter and salt; mix well. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 350 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 441mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 22, 2019
Crazy frustrating "recipe" as microwaving did nothing to sweet taters I doubled time to 30min could barely get knife into them. I only used this recipe to save precious energy from preheating and running oven as long. I timed oven to preheat when recipe promised they'd be soft in micro. Lies. After 30min I couldn't keep oven heated while I microwaved more so I tried to cut hard chunks out of centers and put in oven. It took DOUBLE the time in oven! I used small taters, too! Awful recipe cheating me out of time and money. Took over an hour when I could have skipped wasteful and useless micro step and just cooked for 45min and been done with it! Yes my micro is 1100 and have no issues with it. Awful recipe!
Dec 9, 2016
Is the microwaving part of the 20-minute prep, and baking is the additional 15?
Nov 9, 2015
Delicious! I added cut up marshmallow pieces the last few minutes of baking...yum!
Feb 16, 2015
Delicious. First time I've ever made twice-baked potatoes. Made them as part of my hubby's valentines day dinner and he loved them. So did my 15-month old!
Dec 10, 2011
I made this recipe for my mom's bday dinner. It was wonderful!! Everyone loved it!!
Jul 29, 2011
This recipe is fabulous and easy. I have made it a couple of times. I added 2 Tbsp of sugar to one potato or 4 Tbsp to 2 potatoes. Other, than that no changes. Love this recipe!
Dec 23, 2010
I have made this recipe 2 times. This makes a delicious side dish and with the microwave, it really cuts down on the preparation time. I am fixing it for Christmas dinner too.
Nov 7, 2010
My family loved this recipe. Wonderful. I added 1 TB orange juice.