- 8 medium baking potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 green onions, chopped, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Bake 45-60 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven; reduce oven setting to 350°.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp and place in a large bowl; discard shells. Mash pulp with butter; stir in sour cream, milk, salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1/4 cup crumbled bacon for topping. Gently fold remaining bacon, 1 cup cheese and half of the green onions into potato mixture (do not overmix).
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese and green onions; sprinkle with reserved bacon. Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Reviews forTwice-Baked Cheddar Potato Casserole
"YUM! This was very, very good! I left out the bacon only because I'm vegetarian but it was so, so good! Everyone loved it!"
"I made this for a family gathering. 4 generations of guests-some picky eaters- and everyone loved it. I didn't have any leftovers. Definitely a keeper."
"Made this casserole a day ahead for Christmas dinner.... 1.5 times the recipe as someone suggested and started out with mashed potatoes instead of baking them and it turned out amazing! It was such a hit, my mashed potatoes that I made (just in case), barely got touched! I will DEFINITELY BE making this again and again. Thanks for the delicious recipe."
"Great recipe. I will be making this one for the holidays! I made it as directed. Everyone loved it and there wasn't much left."
"This was very good!"
"This recipe exceeded my expectations, and I like a lot of flavor. Thank you Kyle!"
"This was excellent. Everyone at the potluck wanted the recipe. I will definitely make it again."
"Very, very good! I made this for a pot luck recently. There was very little left over."
"Absolutely delicious! I made exactly as directed. As good as any twice baked potato that I have ever had. Can't wait to make and enjoy again."