Twice-Baked Breakfast Potatoes for Two
Leftover baked potatoes were the inspiration for this impromptu meal. The bacon and sausage combo make it a hearty breakfast dish, but it makes a filling lunch or dinner as well. —William Brock, Amelia, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 large baking potato
- 3/4 teaspoon butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Additional sour cream, optional
- Scrub and pierce potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high until tender, 15-17 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the egg; cook and stir until set. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- When potato is cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with sour cream. Stir in the bacon, 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon chives, parsley, salt, pepper, egg and sausage. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° until heated through, 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and chives. Serve with additional sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 375 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.