- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 10 ounces Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup minced chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Additional sour cream, optional
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-17 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter until over medium-high heat. Add the eggs; cook and stir until set. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with sour cream. Stir in the bacon, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/4 cup chives, parsley, salt, pepper, eggs and sausage. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and chives. Serve with additional sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTwice-Baked Breakfast Potatoes
"Holy smokes these were good!! Took me a lot longer to make them than stated, and if I wasn't always watching my calorie intake I would've added a lot more cheese and sour cream! LOL! I also think you could have a lot of fun mixing this up. Adding veggies (peppers, mushrooms, spinach or broccoli all sound yummy) or changing the cheese up (a spicy horseradish cheese would be great in this!) and even changing out the sausage for ham. Sigh. Wonderful. I'm excited to freeze these and have them again! Going into the rotation!"
"I love to make these for the freezer - great for unexpected company! I always leave the additional toppings (cheese and chives) off, place on cookie sheet and freeze. Then I use my seal-a-meal machine. I microwave them to thaw them out, place them in the oven and then add toppings as per instructions. I usually try to use them up in a couple of months so don't really know how long you can keep them when sealed."
"This was absolutely delicious."
"Very tasty! A little too much pepper for me so I'll cut back a little on that next time. I made these without the sausage since I am a vegetarian."
"Amazing! The flavors are wonderful together! I baked 25 large potatoes and multiplied the recipe according for our Women's breakfast at church. The potatoes were a huge hit! I will make this again for my bed and breakfast as well! Thanks for sharing! I served it with fruit salad, juice and coffee. YUM-alicious!"
"These potatoes were great! My husband loved them - definitely a keeper!"